Today (AEST) at 12:50pm there will be a full lunar (blood moon) eclipse…viewed in the northern hemisphere only. If you are in the Middle East look to the skies in the early morning (5:50-6:50) and you just might see this wonder…the fourth blood moon of the tetrad occurring, this one appearing at Tabernacles. Much has been written about this series of four blood moons over the last two years, and a large amount of conjecture, however it is clear the Lord is asking us to take notice.
This event is indeed a once in a blue moon event, as this year there has seen a solar eclipse, two lunar (blood moons at Passover and Tabernacle) eclipses, and a blue moon (two full moons in the one month – July). A very rare cooperation of heavenly signs, necessarily pointing to special times. You will have wait another 11 years (2026) before you see a similar trifecta of eclipses, however even then it is only one of each, and certainly not involving the amazing alignment of blood moons and Hebrew Passover and Tabernacles Festivals…many, many years to wait for that (if they come).
These are indeed signs that make you wonder…and the Bible certainly highlights that these events foreshadow unfolding world event. What does the Word of God reveal (signal) about these events? In the last day so much is said to occur involving similar signs, and Biblical reference, and the Holy Spirit, reveals that now these signs confirm that we are in an amazing season – foreshadowing (prophesying) the future. In summary:
- We are in the last days (Acts 2:17-21)
- We are entering a season of global financial tumult (Isaiah 13:10 – note Babylon here pointing to world financial systems today as per Rev. 17)
- Christ’s return draws near – and specifically a renewed call to watch for Him (Matthew 24:29-31)
- An amazing season of redemption draws near (Luke 21:25-28)
- Significant empire level conflict and global challenges (Zechariah 14 and Joel 3)
- Even more heavenly wonders will occur – including falling star systems (Revelations 6:12-13)
- Salvation for the Hebrew tribes, and the multitudes, in great numbers (Revelations 7:1-7)
- Restoration coming soon for His ancient people (Zechariah 14:6,7)
Add to this what the year 2016 (and Hebrew year 5776) means, then expect to see a great expansion of the Kingdom of God on earth, and yet earthly kingdoms will see major tumult. The people of God, Christ’s church, will find refuge and blessing as they pursue Christ and come up a little higher and enter His House of Prayer. From this place God will form a house of refuge for those who dwell with His people in peace. It is time to build that which God has called you too..the double doors of heaven are opening up for you.