The Jacob Watch (the Watch of the Rod)
Have you set your Watch of Prosperity and Justice, do you know of the ancient prophetic tool called “the rod”?
Moreover the word of the Lord came to me, saying, “Jeremiah, what do you see?” And I said, “I see a branch [staff/rod] of an almond tree [to be alert, on the lookout, watching].” Then the Lord said to me, “You have seen well, for I am ready [watching] to perform My word.” (Jeremiah 1:11-12)
When considering this well know passage, and particularly the meaning of the original Hebrew of key words [shown in square brackets], it becomes clear why many seers/prophets can relate so well to the passage as in many respect it reveal the authority and ministry of the watchman [seer] prophet. For in many ways you can hear ‘you are seeing the watch well, and you see the authority and shepherding role of the watch’. However this staff or rod (watchman) is interesting as it also speaks (by examining the ancient Hebrew for the word for “branch/rod” in this passage) of germinating, and seeing the seed break forth.
This watch of germination, and even the ancient tool of placing the rod as a watch, is well illustrated in Gen. 30:32,37-43; 31:8-13 where Jacob places the “rod” (including ones made of almond branch) to watch over the germination and offspring of lambs and goats miraculously as God provide a just prosperity to Jacob.
Now Jacob took for himself rods of green poplar and of the almond and chestnut trees, peeled white strips in them, and exposed the white which was in the rods. And the rods which he had peeled, he set before the flocks in the gutters, in the watering troughs where the flocks came to drink, so that they should conceive when they came to drink. (Gen. 30:37,38)
In the following chapter God reveals the insight to the watch of the rod (of germination and prosperity) – the Jacob Watch.
“And it happened, at the time when the flocks conceived, that I lifted my eyes and saw in a dream, and behold, the rams which leaped upon the flocks were streaked, speckled, and gray-spotted. Then the Angel of God spoke to me in a dream, saying, ‘Jacob.’ And I said, ‘Here I am.’ And He said, ‘Lift your eyes now and see, all the rams which leap on the flocks are streaked, speckled, and gray-spotted; for I have seen all that Laban is doing to you. I am the God of Bethel, where you anointed the pillar and where you made a vow to Me. Now arise, get out of this land, and return to the land of your family.’” (Gen. 31:10-13)
Thus the watch is made manifest and the Lord watches over His word to perform it.
So the flocks conceived before the rods, and the flocks brought forth streaked, speckled, and spotted. Then Jacob separated the lambs, and made the flocks face toward the streaked and all the brown in the flock of Laban; but he put his own flocks by themselves and did not put them with Laban’s flock. And it came to pass, whenever the stronger livestock conceived, that Jacob placed the rods before the eyes of the livestock in the gutters, that they might conceive among the rods. But when the flocks were feeble, he did not put them in; so the feebler were Laban’s and the stronger Jacob’s. Thus the man became exceedingly prosperous, and had large flocks, female and male servants, and camels and donkeys. (Gen. 30:39-43)
Thus we observe the following about the “Jacob Watch” thus:
• Jacob speaks out his wage/reward of conception/germination and increase
• He sets at the right place (of conception) a watch of germination associated with the spoken reward
• His rod/watch continues to watch over the place of conception – and thus harvesting strength
• In wisdom he separates that which is not his from this watch.
In Genesis 31 verses above we see God reveals the watch and what He will perform, and perhaps allows Jacob to see what the “rod” is watching by His Spirit (on both). This is the work of the God of Bethel, God of the House of God, and the open window, where His presence and angels dwell.
Thus we learn this of the Rod of Jacob, the Watch of Jacob:
• The tool is represented by the rod, and it is marked with the promise, reward, and declared inheritance
• You set the watch in the place of conception for this watch of germination
• Key to this is watching over that word/vision to produce the wage/watch/vision.
• Place the watch by the river/well/watering hole of God
• The rod, by God, causes conception, bringing forth the reward, as it is the very anointing of God
• There is a watch/rod for each prophecy (e.g. speckled, streaked, spotted lambs), the markings speaking of each prophesied reward…which came to past.
• The Lord reveals this watch, and also how He works/fulfils the watch – in this case revealing in a dream. Jacob seeming to know the truth about the ancient tool of the Rod.
So we understand the ministry of this watch is to:
1. Receive the revelation of the watch and its purpose.
2. Set the rod marked with the promise…according to God’s way. Such a rod may be a person, or a branch from an almond tree, or something else, upon which the anointing of the watch is released by God.
3. This marking revealed by the God of Bethel, and thus in the house of God…in the throne room. It could include promises received in the place where God abides, His house, and thus in His counsel.
4. As an example from this place of Bethel we have seen the watch of the House in the palm of God (Yod Beit – numerically 2:22).
Fruitfulness of the watch of the Rod
A very interesting passage that reveals more about this ancient tools is Numbers 17:3, 5 – 10.
And the Lord spoke to Moses, saying: “Speak to the children of Israel, and get from them a rod from each father’s house, all their leaders according to their fathers’ houses—twelve rods. Write each man’s name on his rod. And you shall write Aaron’s name on the rod of Levi. For there shall be one rod for the head of each father’s house. Then you shall place them in the tabernacle of meeting before the Testimony, where I meet with you. And it shall be that the rod of the man whom I choose will blossom; thus I will rid Myself of the complaints of the children of Israel, which they make against you.” (Number 17:2-5)
Note: In versus 6 and 7 reveals the twelve Rods for the tribes, and Aaron’s were place in the tabernacle,
Now it came to pass on the next day that Moses went into the tabernacle of witness, and behold, the rod of Aaron, of the house of Levi, had sprouted and put forth buds, had produced blossoms and yielded ripe almonds. Then Moses brought out all the rods from before the Lord to all the children of Israel; and they looked, and each man took his rod. And the Lord said to Moses, “Bring Aaron’s rod back before the Testimony, to be kept as a sign against the rebels, that you may put their complaints away from Me, lest they die.” Thus did Moses; just as the Lord had commanded him, so he did. (Num. 17:8-13).
Thus we see the rod (almond) of the man chosen by God prospers in the presence of God. Thus by revelation we see the priestly rod chosen by God prospering. Such a watch/Rod, a priestly watch, prospers in the presence of God, bearing fruit in the place it is to be – and serving as a sign of his chosen call. The Rod of the Watch watches over the presence of God it too germinates.
When the Rod/Watch-watchman is correctly placed over that which God revealed, He works to perform it and prosper.
1. The watch is placed to bring forth growth, performing the word or dream from our Lord.
2. The watch prospers in the gathering place of His presence.
3. The watch is established to cause fruitfulness and prosperity
4. Such a watch also bears fruit.
The placement of the watch is guided by God. Revealed though the instruction or by the thing which the seer sees which is to watch over, to bring forth, and to increase. Bringing forth justice.
Wall building – prophetic instruments of the ‘Gap Keeper’
From prophet friend..
As a confirmation I will share some things that I have heard and received in 2012-2013. I hope that they make sense to you – I think they will and that you will find them relevant.
• On 9-6-2012, 11-6-2012, 9-3-2013, 1-4-2013, 5-4-2013, 2-7-2013 and 7-7-2013 I was awoken at 3:33am by the Lord. God gives me Jer 33:3 “Call unto me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know”.
• On 7-3-13 I was awoken at 5:55am and the Lord gave me Isaiah 55:5, 6 “Seek the Lord while he may be found and call upon him while he is near.” (v6)
• On 14-11-2013 I w2s awoken at 4:44am and God gave me Jer 44:4 which says “Again and again I sent my servants the prophets…..”
• 0n 22-11-2013 I was awoken at 2:22am and Colin Brown suggested to me Daniel 2:22 which says “He reveals deep and hidden things….”
• Late last year God gave me Amos 8:11 where God describes a famine of hearing the words of the Lord and the result being the lovely young women and strong young men will faint because of thirst.
I was really intrigued with how many are receiving numeric prompts from God, including the 1:11 and Jer. 1:11. It does seem like God is encouraging and us in the watch. My first response to the verses in the email, was “progression of the watch”. It just feels like to me that God is revealing a certain watch call and the progression of the watch that perhaps prophets have been on…and the interesting steps of “revealing the deep things (even those in darkness), and then in the call to the word in a time of famine. The watch progressing to proclamation of what is seen maybe. I sense the the watch is certainly has a Elisha/Elijah like anointing too, in terms of see coming events and also the plans of the enemy and thus averting Satan’s schemes.
The thing that really leaps out to me was Is. 55:5 for you, as we talked about. The clarion like call to the nations, and the call to you from the nations sounds strong. Vanuatu seems good, and believing you will be there with the others I am looking forward to seeing how the shaking God does though you there that causes an explosion of His Spirit, releases the whirlwind of His Spirit her in Australia..as that sounds from Vanuatu pulses to us here.
One thing I forgot to mention, which I think is related, is the revelation God has had me in relating to the prophetic gap keeper. It stems from a time recently where God spoke to me twice in different ways on the same morning about the two fold aspect of the one God was looking for in Ezek. 22:30..So I sought for a man among them who would make a wall, and stand in the gap before Me on behalf of the land, that I should not destroy it; but I found no one.
Really struck by the “man” being both one who not only stands in the gap (intercedes) but also makes the wall…and the direct relationship with v28 where it says..‘Her prophets plastered them with untempered mortar, seeing false visions, and divining lies for them, saying, ‘Thus says the Lord God,’ when the Lord had not spoken.’
You have probably pondered this much before, and from the point of view of prophets being wall builders I had, but for some reason what was really clear to me that there is a clear work God is pointing to of the prophetic intercessory type..interceding through prophetic building. To some extent this seems to be part of our journey. Wondering if somehow with all this stuff about storms, waves, and the watch, God is not also revealing a connection with this prophetic intercessory office and your scriptures.
When I look at Ezek. 13:1-16* this seems so clear, even if it is by the Lord revealing what the true prophetic should be doing by showing us what false prophecy does. So as you and Chris, and others proclaim that which is found in the counsel that brings life and true Word (Jer. 23:22), the Lord is indeed building the eternal walls/structures** that form the very structure that will stop destruction, and even better bring life and be the structures that will be filled by the coming move of His Spirit. Perhaps well illustrated by the prophetic building of Haggai, and Zechariah, during the times of Ezra …and of course Nehemiah (nights). I guess an even stronger work now as in Christ the Lord did find the one who could stand in the gap, and as we join as one in His counsel we build and intercede with Him.
In considering both the Jacob Watch, and the role of the “Gap Keeper”, there is a strong sense that God is pointing to a new season for the prophetic, and the anointing that will come to establish the coming end of times. That is the rise of those who will watch over the work of God to bring justice for His children, that involves also the prosperity of His people; and the renewal of the prophetic intercession that so clear understand the role to rebuild the walls of the church, and the spiritual structures of regions, cities, and nations.
One could suggest that perhaps this should always be the case, however while that may be true, all I sense is that at times (such as the restoration of Jacob/Israel to return to the promised land), and the renewal of Jerusalem, God releasing the Holy Spirit to bring forth such a work…and now is such a time.