For who has stood in the counsel of the Lord, and has perceived and heard His word? Who has marked His word and heard it? (Jeremiah 23:18).
The counsel of God can be said to be where His Ecclesia meet with Him through His Son, the Lord Jesus Christ, with the others who are appointed join with Him in His throne room. Perhaps, another way to see this is where He meets in heaven with His heavenly court, and as we are found in Him, so to we meet in this court. This court is both in heaven, and in to be on earth as well.
Perhaps before progressing further, let us all remind ourselves of our legal position with Christ, and from there join with Him in pray. As I am sure you all know:
- It is written that we are seated with and in Christ in heavenly places, as well as found in Him, so in a sense we also join with the King of kings in His throne room (at the right hand of the Father), which is also the seat of Government – as government is upon His shoulder – and thus He can reveal to us His heart for Queensland and the nation.
- The Bible says that as born again Christians we are found in Christ, and thus we are also found in His eternal priestly (and kingly) order of Melchizedek (Genesis 14, Hebrews 6&7). Something understood by the Apostles, and early Christians, and thus the Bible (1 Peter 2) referred to us as joining with the Lord Jesus in the royal priesthood of believers. This order is one of royalty, sovereign rule, eternal, and of His kingdom that has no end and rules over all (Genesis 14, Hebrews 6&7, and Psalms 2 & 110, etc). – and only found in and through God.
- It is no wonder then that we are also given His authority as He dispenses – for Christ commissioned us to go in His authority, and said “I give you authority … over all the power of the enemy”, and so on.
- In addition, we (who believe in Him, know Him, seek His face, and wait in Him), and have ‘come to Mount Zion and to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, to an innumerable company of angels’ – reinforcing we are (at the very least in the spiritual realm) seated with Him in His governmental throne room (if you like, gathered around Him in His governing council). This council revealed also by God in the book of Jeremiah.
- We are temples of God (with the Father and Son have made their home in us), and thus by the Holy Spirit carriers of the God head, and His power. Remembering– ‘It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me’…
- So by the Holy Spirit we can meet with the Lord in His presence, as sons and daughters of God, hear His decree and desires for our people and land, and pray them in from His heavenly place and perspective. In so doing, agreeing with Him in prayer, and praying His will.
In short, I believe that as we are found in Christ, we are also found in His priestly order of Melchizedek (the royal priesthood referred to by Peter in the Bible), and we are at the very least in the spiritual realm we are seated with Him in governmental throne room (gathered around Him in His governing council) – and from this place operating in a measure of His Ecclesia, and as His ambassadors on earth, operate in His authority over the kingdom realms in which we are placed…as we intercede and prophecy according to His will and Spirit, and not lording over people as the world does.
There is a sense that as the return of Christ nears, and we near His millennial reign on earth and heaven, there will be a growing/increasing revelation of His will to see heaven on earth made manifest, and more saints starting to gather around Him and govern from heaven to earth in Christ…with intention, and revelation knowledge. There is a feeling that this also entails specific callings and anointings. Ultimately in His return this government is made more manifest as revealed in Revelations, as well as by Christ in Matthew and Luke, and Paul in 1 Corinthians, and I understand that this revelation can function now as a kind of first fruits…knowing how He governs is different than the world does, and He does also govern through earthly kings and governmental systems as He chooses.
Perhaps these Ecclesia will become so manifest on earth in the near future worldly governments will model themselves on it as they witness their fruit…others will be blind to this inevitable truth. So I guess this is a long way of saying that while I see there is a rising ecclesia, my sense is that this has been available for many a year, and saints from time to time have moved in this realm to various levels. This will increase. I do think there are also offices of His government that He gives to those He chooses, and differing levels of governing responsibility, time, authority,, etc,…but that is another big story (and I sense this is already too long), and one that is better informed by understanding that comes from the fuller counsel of God as revealed through His prophets, intercessors, and apostles. At one levels we who are found in Him all operate as part of our Lord’s Jesus government.
Note: His Government looks like who He is, and what His throne is founded on..grace and truth, righteousness and justice (Prov. 14:34; 16:12; Is. 16:5) and abounding in mercy.
And with that, know that you can join Him in His council. So perhaps join with others who love our Lord, or alone in your prayer closet, could I ask that you wait on the Lord (knowing we His sheep hear His voice), perhaps with a worship song playing..and with the enabling of the Holy Spirit and the understanding of our heavenly placement, and see what words or thoughts or pictures etc the Lord reveals to them.
Knowing the Lord speaks to His body, and that He reveals His bigger picture through us all, could you then join with a few around you to share what they heard, and join together to pray in that which God reveals as they share the bigger picture together they make. Comforted also by the knowledge He is with us as two or three gather in His name.
One final comment, as you would know Christ also sits at our Father’s right hand making intercession for us and His creation, and so it is that as we are found in Him, His Spirit may also intercede through us..from His heavenly perspective. So, some of you may find yourself interceding, while others may be praying or prophesying from the position of God’s authority.
After that, if time permits, it would be good if a representative from each group could shout out what God had revealed to them to pray.
For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.
In short,.– and from this place operating in a measure of His ecclesia, and as His ambassadors on earth, operate in His authority over the kingdom realms in which we are placed…as we intercede and prophecy according to His will and Spirit, and not lording over people as the world does.
God’s Community Cabinet
By extension, let us see how this council of God can be manifested on earth. A ‘Community Cabinet/Council’ is a group of devoted, loving, Christians who understand the legal position in His council, who seek God’s will and prophetic insight for a region – broad across the whole community, not only church. Principally they are about addressing God’s plan for a region. The is a strong sense of the call of the Holy Spirit to this Cabinet, and the acknowledgement that it is lead by the Holy Spirit.
In summary, the Cabinet key goals and operation is summarised as:
- Effectively it is a governing body, whose members are there due to the call of God, the recognition of gifting, passions, and office – and acknowledged by the broader community.
- It is not about democracy, it is much more about seeking God’s will, acknowledging His Kingdom has but one King…Him.
- The council will provide guidance and insight in to issues and God’s plan for a region.
- It will help it providing a consistent focus on key items, and ensure alignment to God’s blueprints.
- Together in Christ they can enable resources – particularly supernatural provision.
- Carries prophetic and apostolic authority
- Portfolio responsibilities in terms of the assigned watch of the Lord, expertise, passion, gifting – however others can also speak in to the same areas. Something like ministerial portfolios, where the anointing of the Lord is there to understand God heart for that area, such as prosperity not poverty, families for the orphans and lonely, community infrastructure, family, government, employment, health, education, and so on.
- Model of God’s government and will be a pre-cursor for all governments..if the follow His lead.
- Initially such councils grow out of a key item or need, and through fruit broader roles and respect is developed.
- In the natural sits alongside government structures (local, state, and federal), in terms of earthly outworking, and respects and honours those governments in accordance to the Lord. Spiritually though this Council is a higher authority..as long as they continue to honour the true King, and humble themselves before Him and others.
Thus this ‘Community Cabinet’ is the Ecclesia made manifest on earth as it is in heaven., and is a precursor to Christ’s return, as He prepares for the Kingdom Government on land. Having said that, it is something Christ commissioned us to manifest now.
In the natural it will work alongside existing governing structures, but not be bound to them and their decisions, as the only authority they fully submit to is God not man.
The Council will abide by the laws of the land where they do not contradict the instructions from God. Should the council, coming together in Christ God, discern that worldly governing authority is contradicting instructions from God, they cannot align for those items.
This is NOT about taking over local, state, or federal government. Rather it models the future of Government..to see Kingdom governance in operation. Christians will be welcomed to come and see how this is unfolding. The group understanding the broader responsibility and governing , means they will determine the focus for today, meanwhile looking to the future.
 Ephesians 1:20; 2:6
 Isaiah 9:6
 Philippians 3:9
 Matthew 28:18
 Luke 10:19
 Hebrews 12:22
 Jeremiah 23:18,22
 1 Corinthians 6:19
 John 14:23
 Galatians 2:20
 Matthew 18:20
 Romans 8:34
 Jeremiah 29:11