But now Christ is risen from the dead, and has become the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep. For since by man came death, by Man also came the resurrection of the dead. For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ all shall be made alive. But each one in his own order: Christ the firstfruits, afterward those who are Christ’s at His coming. Then comes the end, when He delivers the kingdom to God the Father, when He puts an end to all rule and all authority and power. For He must reign till He has put all enemies under His feet. The last enemy that will be destroyed is death. For “He has put all things under His feet.” But when He says “all things are put under Him,” it is evident that He who put all things under Him is excepted. Now when all things are made subject to Him, then the Son Himself will also be subject to Him who put all things under Him, that God may be all in all. (1 Corinthians 15:20-28)
As we watch and pray with our Lord Jesus, as His return approaches, let us stand in agreement with the promises and hope revealed in 1 Corinthians 15:
- Christ comes again having put all things under His feet – deliverying the kingdom of God to ours and His Heavenly Father. He puts an end to all rule and all authority and all power – even death and sin.
- The dead in Christ (currently hidden with Him in heaven) will be raised incorruptible. The living in Christ will be raised immortal. All at His coming.
- At the sound of the trumpet, and I the twinkling of an eye …He comes
- We thus appearing in true heavenly form, given by God, having sown the seed.
- Raised in the image of the Resurrected and glorified Christ.
- Thanks be to God, who gives us the victory though our Lord Jesus Christ (vs. 52)
Remember, we are woken to join with Him as He watchesover His word to perform it.