Flames of fire
Felt the Lord speaking about the angel who carries the flaming sword earlier in the day, and this was prompted again at a recent prayer gathering, even an image on the wall of church showing the flaming sword in someone’s hand. Having met an angel who carries such a sword in Tasmania some years ago, and witnessed aspects of its ministry, this was something to truly ponder as this flame seems to be both in the spiritual and the natural.
Specifically the verses from Genesis 3: 24b (‘..and He placed cherubim at the east of the garden of Eden, and a flaming sword which turned every way.. ‘) and Ps. 104:4 (‘Who makes His angels spirits, His ministers a flame of fire’) came to mind, however so also the verses from Hosea 2:14-23 (which includes.. ‘Therefore, behold, I will allure her, will bring her into the wilderness, and speak comfort to her.. Then I will sow her for Myself in the earth, and I will have mercy on her who had not obtained mercy’). I could sense the melding of these, and also the divine appointment that was occurring at this gathering as saints and angels were meeting to ministering together with specific assignments.
The Passion and the Fire
From the above the following was the part the Lord was revealing, although I am sure other revelations were been downloaded to others that night.
- Flames of fire were being released by the Lord, including those gathering this night
- We are sown by God as ones made (often through trials of fire and intimacy) flames of fire to: cause the city to catch fire with a consuming passion for the Lord; to guard against the enemy schemes; and to purify
- God is drawing His Bride back to Him, alluring His warrior bride
- Purifying, restoring, reviving, and bringing new life
- Even those who don’t know Him will call Him God, and be His people
- He is sending one to sow this message of love, truth, and mercy
- But first we are to draw closer, both as individuals (though for some this is a journey they are well on) and certainly as a gathering in His church.
- He is drawing us together to be intimate with Him, casting aside the distractions and other idols (e.g. ‘church’, ‘leadership’, worry, material things)
- It is from this place, this mighty East (Prophetic) Gate of the nation, we will be (and are) sown
- As we gather as one, in to His arms in this upper room of God, rivers flow as the wells are broken open, and the rains of heaven fall
Australia – A flame(sword) of fire; Intimate Bride; and Besotted Lover of Christ
- Hosea 2:14-23 – Drawing in His Bride, reviving her.
- As a prophetic sign of His love, we will be sent to love the unlovely bride
Hosea 2:2-22 – The judgement
Hosea 2:14-23 – The drawing in and call to restoration
Hosea 3:1-5 – The prophetic act and promise
(Hosea 1:2:1 – Says it all again)
Angel with Flaming Sword
And this still leaves this minister of God. He has been summoned and assigned by the Lord, and sense he is one the move….watch for fire.