Let us all remind ourselves of our legal position with Christ, and from there join with Him in pray. We seated at the right hand of our Heavenly Father in Christ, and we are to look with His eyes as we pray – who gives life to the dead and calls those things which do not exist as though they did (Romans 4:17). As I am sure you all know:
- It is written that we are seated with and in Christ in heavenly places, as well as found in Him, so in a sense we also join with the King of kings in His throne room (at the right hand of the Father), which is also the seat of Government – as government is upon His shoulder – and thus He can reveal to us His heart for Queensland and the nation.
- The Bible says that as born again Christians we are found in Christ, and thus we are also found in His eternal priestly (and kingly) order of Melchizedek (Genesis 14, Hebrews 6&7). Something understood by the Apostles, and early Christians, and thus the Bible (1 Peter 2) referred to us as joining with the Lord Jesus in the royal priesthood of believers. This order is one of royalty, sovereign rule, eternal, and of His kingdom that has no end and rules over all (Genesis 14, Hebrews 6&7, and Psalms 2 & 110, etc). – and only found in and through God.
- It is no wonder then that we are also given His authority as He dispenses – for Christ commissioned us to go in His authority, and said “I give you authority … over all the power of the enemy”, and so on.
- In addition, we (who believe in Him, know Him, seek His face, and wait in Him), and have ‘come to Mount Zion and to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, to an innumerable company of angels’ – reinforcing we are (at the very least in the spiritual realm) seated with Him in His governmental throne room (if you like, gathered around Him in His governing council). This council revealed also by God in the book of Jeremiah.
- We are temples of God (with the Father and Son have made their home in us), and thus by the Holy Spirit carriers of the God head, and His power. Remembering– ‘It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me’…
- So by the Holy Spirit we can meet with the Lord in His presence, as sons and daughters of God, hear His decree and desires for our people and land, and pray them in from His heavenly place and perspective. In so doing, agreeing with Him in prayer, and praying His will.
In short, we are found in Christ, we are also found in His priestly order of Melchizedek (the royal priesthood referred to by Peter in the Bible), and we are at the very least in the spiritual realm we are seated with Him in governmental throne room (gathered around Him in His governing council) – and from this place operating in a measure of His Ecclesia, and as His ambassadors on earth, operate in His authority over the kingdom realms in which we are placed…as we intercede and prophecy according to His will and Spirit, and not lording over people as the world does.
And with that, know that we can join Him in His council. So perhaps when we join with others who love our Lord, or alone in our prayer closet, as we wait on the Lord (knowing we His sheep hear His voice), perhaps with a worship song playing..and with the enabling of the Holy Spirit and the understanding of our heavenly placement, and see what words or thoughts or pictures etc the Lord reveals to them.
Knowing the Lord speaks to His body, and that He reveals His bigger picture through us all, as we join with a few around and share what we heard, God reveals the bigger picture together we make in Him. Comforted also by the knowledge He is with us as two or three gather in His name.
One final comment, as Christ also sits at our Father’s right hand making intercession for us and His creation, and so it is that as we are found in Him, His Spirit may also intercede through us..from His heavenly perspective. So, some of you may find yourself interceding, while others may be praying or prophesying from the position of God’s authority.
 Ephesians 1:20; 2:6
 Isaiah 9:6
 Philippians 3:9
 Matthew 28:18
 Luke 10:19
 Hebrews 12:22
 Jeremiah 23:18,22
 1 Corinthians 6:19
 John 14:23
 Galatians 2:20
 Matthew 18:20
 Romans 8:34